- CPSA Safety Officers Course – High View will be hosting a Safety Officers Course on Saturday 16th June 2018 – this will be run by the highly experienced Devon-based Paul Rendell. This Course gives a detailed overview of the risks, dangers and the safe practices of our sport and is an extremely useful knowledge base for Guns of all levels of experience (surely we are never too old to learn and adapt?)
- Cornwall County Team Selection Shoot – On April 8th this year we hosted our first Cornwall Team Selection Shoot of 100 birds. The challenge was to set up a Course with targets that tested the top Guns whilst still allowing our valued regular customers the chance to record decent scores – yes we put on a few challenging targets but we were really pleased to hear the great comments after the Shoot from so many of the shooters of all abilities. A number of the actual CPSA Cornwall Committee Members competed in this and we are delighted that they also generously complimented us on this our first Selection Shoot.
This is one of five Selection shoots from which the Cornwall County Team is selected, this Team then goes on to shoot in Regional and potentially National competitions – we have to charge a £1 Levy for this which is a CPSA HQ requirement that all shooters at such a shoot pay which is then used by the Cornwall CPSA for provision of Trophies/Badges etc. for Teams – sorry about this but ‘rules is rules’!!!
- New Clubhouse – We have converted a barn into a Clubhouse which will seat 50 Guns or so:- this is fully enclosed and has a very welcoming log fire and it’s own stag’s head! We serve a great Full English Breakfast from 0830 on shoot days and hot and cold drinks and hot food are available throughout our opening times.
The Clubhouse is available for rental for Private Functions and has copious parking for guests:- this year we hosted the Cornwall CPSA AGM with over 40 Members attending!
- Registered Shoots – We hold Registered shoots throughout the year, which gives Guns a chance to keep CPSA gradings up to date and measure yourself against some of the top shots in the southwest when the scores are put up. There will be a small competition running on the day of the Shoot with cash prizes per Class dependent on the number of entries in each Class but you can still shoot ‘birds-only’ on the day.
- Summer opening hours – We operate check-in times from 0945 to 1500 from May 2018 onwards as the nights lighten (you can check-in earlier but first shot will not be till 0945).
- Access – We have a 6 seat 4WD Polaris vehicle in our equipment available to take you round at a charge of £10 per round.
- Cartridges – Plastic or fibre wads are acceptable but please note that out of consideration for our neighbours the maximum load permissible is 28 grams and minimum shot size of 7.
- New ……. Chance of a Free Shoot – watch our for an ‘exploding ‘ clay and make sure you hit it! If you do, tell Donna or Bill and you’ll get a free round next shoot – please note it’s only valid for the next shoot so make sure you are here next time!!!